||March 03, 2010
||March 29, 2010
FindinSite-MS is a search engine for a MS hosted web site -
- easily configurable to look like part of your web site,
- index when you want, and
- highlight result pages.
- FindinSite-MS is an ASP.NET 2.0+ application that runs in IIS on a Windows server, including shared hosts.
- A Search API XML Web service is available.
- The FindinSite-MS Control Panel makes it easy to set up regular indexing runs and output template files.
- Indexes and searches many files types: HTML, PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, PUB, TXT, JPEG/TIFF.
- FindinSite-MS does not need a database.
- The user interface supports 29 languages.
- FindinSite-MS doesn't show ads from your competitors.
- Powerful search facilities are available, including booleans and wildcards, word stemming and synonyms, subsets and meta-data field searches.
- Installation is by creating a new directory on your site, marked as an application. FindinSite-MS needs file write permission to store its configuration information.
- FindinSite-MS is available as a package for your site, or as a hosted search
This shows how to use the Search API web service:
SearchService fis = new fisClient.SearchService("http://www.phdcc.com/findinsite/SearchService.asmx");
fisSearchRequest req = new fisClient.fisSearchRequest(SearchText.Text);
fisSearchResult result = fis.Search(req);
Submit a review