DotnetIdeas SharePoint Media Field Type
|Source Code Available
||Free to try
||August 11, 2009
||August 26, 2009
DotnetIdeas Media Rendering Solution for SharePoint addresses the needs of rendering and managing media documents in the context of SharePoint. To seamlessly integrate with MOSS publishing feature and WSS list/library framework, the solution founds itself on SharePoint Custom Field Types. The solution provides two SharePoint Custom Field Types, Media Field Type and Media Related Field Type. They offer the following features to SharePoint Content Authors
- Embed Media contents such as video clips, sound tracks and images in SharePoint Publishing Pages
- Embed Media contents in the Display Forms of SharePoint document libraries and lists
- Choose rendering methods from build-in and custom-developed media render controls.
- Populate rendering parameters automatically according to the rendering policies defined by site administrators
- Sort on media descriptions in SharePoint List/Document Library Views.
DotnetIdeas Media Rendering Solution provides build-in media render controls such as Quick Time player, Windows Media Player, Flash Player , Flash Movie Player and so on. However, different organizations may have different requirements on media rendering. To meet the challenge, DotnetIdeas Media Rendering Solution is architected around an object-oriented extensible framework so developers and system integrators can implement their custom rendering methods by implementing custom media render controls.
Like SharePoint WebParts, media render controls are critical components for customizing and personalizing SharePoint Site Contents. It is necessary for organizations to manage those components. Media Render Control Gallery allows SharePoint site administrators to manage the following aspects of media render controls
- Which media render controls are available in a SharePoint site collection
- Which media render controls are preferred render methods
Submit a review