1. Open Blog.aspx in Source view.
2. Just inside the Content type "<h2><%= MemberNameTitle %></h2>".
3. Switch to Design view and drag
a SqlDataSource control in the Content control.
In the SqlDataSource Tasks menu click Configure Data Source.
4. For Choose Your Data
Connection select GeekSpeakConnectionString, and then click Next.
5. For Configure the Select Statement check Title,
Message, DateUpdated and MemberAccountName.
Order By. For Sort by select DateUpdated,
and then select Descending. Click OK
and then click WHERE. For Column select MemberAccountName,
for Operator select =, for Source
select QueryString, and for
type "un". Click Add, then click OK. Verify
that your dialog looks like the following.
Then click Next and Finish.
6. Change the SqlDataSource ID property to "blogsSqlDataSource".
Drag a DataList control onto the page below the SqlDataSource
control. In the DataList Tasks menu, for Choose Data
Source, select blogsSqlDataSource.
Although you could use the ItemTemplate code that VWD automatically generates from
the metadata of the selected data source, you will reuse the ASPX source from one
of the supplied User Controls to keep a consistent look-and-feel.
7. Switch to Source view. In the Solution Explorer,
under Controls, double-click LatestBlogs.ascx.
Copy everything between the PlaceHolder control, as you see below.
Switch back to Blogs.aspx and replace the existing content between
the ItemTemplate tags with the copied content. Finally, change
the DataList control's ID property to "blogsDataList"
and set its Width property to "100%".
8. Switch to Design view. Your page should now appear as follows:
9. In the Solution Explorer, right-click Blog.aspx
and select View Code. Inside the class add a public variable named
"MemberNameTitle" of type String. To the Page_Load event handler
add the following:
If Request("un") = "lookup" Then
Response.Redirect("Blog.aspx?un=" + User.Identity.Name)
If Not IsNothing(Request("un")) Then
MemberNameTitle = Request("un") + "'s Blogs"
10. Press F5 to run the application. Click Member Blogs From the Master Page's main menu, and then click RodneyGuzman. Close your browser.