Mobile Support in ASP.NET
Learn how ASP.NET makes it easy to build mobile Web applications. Use the following tutorials and resources to create ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC applications that can deliver great browsing experiences to a wide variety of mobile devices including cell phones and tablets.
How to …
- Add mobile pages to your ASP.NET Web Forms / MVC application
This How To describes various ways to serve pages optimized for mobile devices from your ASP.NET Web Forms / MVC application, and suggests architectural and design issues to consider when targeting a broad range of devices.
- Detect the latest mobile devices using 51degrees.mobi Foundation
51degrees.mobi Foundation is a third-party open source project that enhances ASP.NET's Request.Browser API so you can easily detect recently-released mobile devices including Windows Phone 7, Android, and Apple iPad.
- Simulate popular mobile devices for testing
Links to device emulators and simulators that you can use to test your mobile web applications
- Mobile Web Sites with ASP.NET MVC and the Mobile Browser Definition File
In this talk presented at the Microsoft MIX conference, Scott Hanselman discusses how you can create mobile device frienuly websites using ASP.NET MVC.
- Develop iPhone applications with ASP.NET
ComponentOne Studio for iPhone is a suite of ASP.NET controls that mimic the look and feel of the iPhone and iPod touch user interfaces when rendered in Mobile Safari.
- ASP.NET mobile controls: Tested devices
View the devices and browsers that have been tested with the legacy ASP.NET mobile controls. (Note: these mobile controls are now deprecated.)