MVC recommended tutorials and articles
This page contains links to ASP.NET MVC tutorials and a suggested sequence to follow them.
- Getting Started with ASP.NET MVC 5 This 11 part series is a good place to start.
- Pluralsight ASP.NET MVC 5 Fundamentals (video course)
- Intro to ASP.NET MVC by Jon Galloway and Christopher Harrison
- Lifecycle of an ASP.NET MVC 5 Application PDF document that charts the lifecycle of an ASP.NET MVC 5 app.
Working with data
- Getting Started with EF 6 Code First using MVC 5 Tom Dykstra's award winning series dives deep into EF.
- Create an ASP.NET MVC app with auth and SQL DB and deploy to Azure This popular tutorial walks you through creating a simple app and adding membership and roles.
- MVC 5 App with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google OAuth2 Sign-on This tutorial shows you how to build an ASP.NET MVC 5 web application that enables users to log in using OAuth 2.0 with credentials from an external authentication provider, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Microsoft, or Google.
- Create a secure ASP.NET MVC 5 web app with log in, email confirmation and password reset First in a series on Identity, includes code to resend a confirmation link.
- ASP.NET MVC 5 app with SMS and email Two-Factor Authentication Second on Identity series.
- Best practices for deploying passwords and other sensitive data to ASP.NET and Azure App Service
Two-factor authentication using SMS and email with ASP.NET Identity
isPersistentand the security cookie, code to require a user to have a validated email account before they can log on, how SignInManager checks for 2FA requirement, and more.
- Account Confirmation and Password Recovery with ASP.NET Identity Provides details on Identity not found in Create a secure ASP.NET MVC 5 web app with log in, email confirmation and password reset such as how to let users reset their forgotten password.
- Create an ASP.NET web app in Azure Short and simple tutorial for deployment to Azure.
- Create an ASP.NET MVC app with auth and SQL DB and deploy to Azure
Performance and Debugging
This article was originally created on April 29, 2015